Lillian Z. King
SDC Associate Member
Broadway & National Tours
ROCKY Assistant Director Broadway
PETER AND THE STARCATCHER Associate Director Broadway and First National Tour
PETER AND THE STARCATCHER Assistant Director New York Theatre Workshop
GIRL CRAZY SDCF Observer New York City Center Encores!
NEWSIES Director Bravo Academy, Toronto
ON THE TOWN Director Bravo Academy, Toronto
JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH Director Bravo Academy, Toronto
13 Director Bravo Academy, Toronto
ANNIE Director Lower Ossington Theatre, Toronto
SCHOOL OF ROCK Director Bravo Academy, Toronto
WIZARD OF OZ (remounted twice) Director Lower Ossington Theatre, Toronto
WEST SIDE STORY Director Lower Ossington Theatre, Toronto
FOOTLOOSE Director Mainstage Theatre Company, Toronto
ANY MOMENT (Banks Prize Cabaret) Director Acting Up Stage Company, Toronto
GREY GARDENS Assistant Director Acting Up Stage Company, Toronto
SLEEPY HOLLOW Director Solar Stage, Toronto
13 Director Northern Stage Summer Theatre Intensive
SONGS FOR A NEW WORLD Co-Director Northern Stage, Vermont
BLITHE SPIRIT Director Northern Stage, Vermont
A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Director New London Barn Playhouse, New Hampshire
THE STUDENT PRINCE Director New London Barn Playhouse, New Hampshire
LEGALLY BLONDE Director New London Barn Playhouse, New Hampshire
ALMOST MAINE Director New London Barn Playhouse, New Hampshire
SMILES TO SATURN Director Manhattan Repertory Theater, New York
ANOTHER DUDE’S SLINGBACKS Director 13th Street Repertory Theater, New York
A CHRISTMAS CAROL Director 13th Street Repertory Theater, New York
FULLY COMMITTED Assistant Director Portland Stage Company, Maine
A CHRISTMAS CAROL Assistant Director Portland Stage Company, Maine
KISS ME KATE Assistant Director Cain Park, OH
Readings and Workshops
SHE EXITS, LAUGHING Director New Works Now, Northern Stage, VT
THE LAST QUEEN OF CANAAN Director New Works Now, Northern Stage, VT
GREY LADY Director VoxFest, Dartmouth College
POX Director VoxFest, Dartmouth College
THE JAZZ SINGER Assistant Director New York, NY
THIRD Assistant Director Dartmouth College
Bravo Academy – Toronto, ON
Music Theatre Class Coordinator
· Hire, train and monitor instructors and music directors for 8-10 classes per term
· Choose and prepare show materials each term, including adapting scripts for each age level
· Engage with students and parents as Bravo’s representative and produce final performances
Acting Up Theatre Company – Toronto, ON
· Assistant Direct Mainstage Production of Grey Gardens (dir. Ann Hodges)
· Direct Banks Prize Winners Cabaret
· Teach and direct students as part of One Song Glory program
Mainstage Theatre Company – Toronto, ON
· Manage all finances for the organization.
· Apply for funding, assist in development strategy and organizational growth.
· All administration related to producing two musicals per year with 40 Toronto teens.
Northern Stage – White River Junction, VT
Assistant Artistic Director and Director of Education
· Assisted AD in strategic planning, development and season selection.
· Solicited, read and selected plays for the New Works Now festival. Directed one reading.
· Created and administrated a cohesive education program with many offerings for students of all ages and levels.
· Created and directed Summer Musical Theater Intensive—a three-week program for teens ending in a production of Jason Robert Brown’s 13.
Boston University – Boston, MA
Teaching and TA
· Designed and taught an undergraduate course called Acting and Performance I for two semesters
· TA for numerous undergraduate courses both performance and academic based.
New London Barn Playhouse – New London, NH
Assistant Artistic Director
· Organized marketing team, participate in grant writing and other development.
· Assisted the Artistic Director in all artistic decisions.
· Helped organize events and performances to raise money for the theater.
New York Theatre Workshop – New York, NY
· Assisted in the artistic department and casting departments.
Boston University, Boston, MA Class of 2014
· MFA in Directing & Certificate in Arts Management
· Directed productions of The Last Five Years, Henry V, Vinegar Tom, Antigone, The Women of Henry VII and A Doll House.
· Assistant Directed productions of Titus Andronicus, The Imaginary Invalid and Owen Wingrave.
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH Class of 2007
· Bachelors Double Major in Theater Directing and Psychology
The Winsor School, Boston, MA Class of 2003
GRANTS, FELLOWSHIPS & DISTINCTIONS
James B. Reynolds Scholar (2011)
Dartmouth General-Campbell Fellowship, 2007 – Supported internship in directing/dramaturgy at Portland Stage.
Warner Bentley and Henry B. Williams Fellowship, 2007 – Awarded by faculty for excellence in theater.
Lazarus Family Musical Theater Grant, 2007 – Awarded to support culminating production of Side Show.
Rodney Alexander Fellowship, 2006 – Supported summer work with Cain Park, OH, KAT Co., NH and New York Theatre Workshop.
Rufus Choate Scholar, 2003 – Distinguishes the annual top 5% of all Dartmouth students.
Academic Citations, 2004, 2005, 2006 – Awarded for excellence in coursework: Shakespeare in the Schools, Technical Theater, Shakespearean theory and Independent Psychological Research.